POSITION SUMMARY/ PRIMARY PURPOSE:
New Country Ventures is looking for a Sr. Product Manager who will be responsible for our new Subscription Video OnDemand/OTT platform targeted to country music lifestyle enthusiasts. As a joint venture between Opry Entertainment Group and Gray Television, this is a unique opportunity to fill a massive gap in the entertainment industry and delight country music fans around the world.
The Sr. Product Manager works directly with the various business unit heads (Marketing, Sales, Production, UX, Engineering, etc) to identify market opportunities, define product specifications, assist in scoping and approval of product features, own the product roadmap, deliver these products to market and track the KPIs and success of each effort. This is a senior level, high IQ & EQ individual contributor role with a broad scope and high autonomy.
The ideal candidate will have both a technical understanding of video/media products on the web, mobile, and OTT platforms and the creativity to help differentiate the Company’s products from its competition. From ideation to launch, this person is accountable for helping drive the Company into the future. They will also possess experience about how to shepherd an idea from concept to implementation. We are looking for an individual that can contribute to a deep, data-driven product strategy that manifests itself via authentic customer value and brand loyalty.
- Lead a user-centered product definition/scoping process as well as overall Product Roadmap ownership within the Company.
- Understand the value of a truly premium, cross-device user experience and the ability to balance revenue goals vs. technical feasibility in product development.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their core needs and create solutions that meet their objectives.
- Create user stories and related specification documents that outline the objectives and functionality for the engineering and QA team.
- Lead cross-functional teams in an agile environment including UX designers, software engineers, QA and program managers to successfully bring products to market.
- Own and drive your product’s roadmap through the full software development lifecycle, with accountability for success metrics and goals.
- Organize, prioritize and manage often conflicting product dimensions while working independently in a deadline driven environment.
- Define and analyze key performance indicators of your product(s) and suggest optimization strategies to improve them.
- Ability to understand the key technological and architectural capabilities and constraints of a video-centered digital media platform to make well-informed decisions and facilitate cross-functional communication.
- Evaluate new technologies and partners for potential integration into products.
- Conduct competitive analysis and identify areas for differentiation.
- Collaborate with the User Experience team define the consumer experience and interface.
- Synthesize and distill product ideas and desires from various business units into mutually understood, technically feasible requirements.
- Communicate roadmap progress, status, issues and resolutions to various business units, management and Executive Leadership via verbal and written status reports.
- Perform QA on completed development work as needed.
- Build positive relationships and trust over time through consistent on-time delivery, high quality, continuous innovation and exceeding expectations.
To apply for this position, you must have the following skills and competencies. Items marked as preferred
represent skills not required
but preferred to have.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related business field, or significant equivalent experience.
- 6+ years working experience in an Agile software development environment (scrum preferred) with consumer-facing digital products.
- Digital video (VOD, Live) and/or media experience required including defining products across desktop/mobile web and mobile app platforms with proven history of increasing responsibility and scope.
- Experience with OTT apps and/or digital subscription businesses strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of mobile application product management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience participating in or leveraging User Research studies and tactics as well as AB/multivariate testing.
- Understanding of subscription video infrastructure strongly desired including OVPs, transcoding, DRM, entitlements/subscriptions, identify management as well as web-based, mobile and OTT video player applications.
- Familiarity with cloud-based platforms, such as those that run on Amazon’s Web Service or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience using project management, issue tracking and documentation software (e.g. Atlassian/Jira suite or similar).
- Expertise in launching large integration, analytical and data-driven applications.
- 5+ years familiarity with KPI’s (Google/Adobe Analytics, etc.) within all work product.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with both business and technical people at all levels of the company including senior management.
- Proven ability to effectively perform requirements definition and documentation.
- Vendor management experience a plus.
- Experience partnering with UX teams on design systems and prototyping a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Multi-tiered Application Architecture, Information Architecture, Use Case construction and reusable component-based architectures.
- Strong project management skills; process oriented, organized and detailed
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including assessing situations, managing conflicts, evaluating options and delivering clear, data-driven recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities based on opportunity, risk and impact to business
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture where various hats may need to be worn on any given day.
- Willingness to have meetings with off-shore engineering teams as needed during non-business hours to provide product direction.
- Flexible working styles to adapt to different personalities in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate across all levels in the organization.
- Strong team work and leadership skills
If you’re interested in this position contact HR & have your form filled out and ready to send.